Design software for a leading vegetable breeding organization and really make an impact! What are you going to do? Do you want to help provide healthy vegetables for everyone in the world? Do you want to contribute to the improvement and sustainability of food production?
Enza Zaden is an innovative biotech company that develops, produces and sells seeds for vegetable varieties all over the world.
As a Technical Application Engineer you design and improve Enza Zaden’s software. You maintain, enhance and monitor the performance of databases and interfaces. Your responsibilities vary from initiating deployment updates and fixes, to providing your colleagues with technical support. You are able to fix problems on a whim and by automating specific elements, you increase efficiency and quality of the operational processes.
You spar with key users to obtain important information and explain new ways of working. That way, you gain relevant input to envision your working strategy. You discuss approaches, practices and developments with Product Owners and the Manager IT Services and set strategy based on operational importance.
The Enza Zaden culture is one that encourages professional competencies. We have a flat organizational structure with short communication lines. Ideas are valued, and great ideas stand to win an Innovation Award. We work in multi-disciplinary project teams and like to learn from each other.
- You are passionate about new technology and knowledge building
- You have strong analytical and problem solving skills
- You are knowledgeable in Agile and Devops practices and tools
- You are familiar with SQL database management.
- You have an eye for IT processes that can be automated
- Familiar with one or more of the following techniques: Microsoft Azure, Azure Devops, Yaml, Powershell, Bicep
Who are we? Enza Zaden is an independent family business with more than 2500 colleagues. Sounds special? It is! As a biotech breeding company innovation is key and our focus on innovation and development has made us big. This also applies to our people! We are growing fast and there is plenty of room for you to grow with us but we always stay focused on personal contact. Furthermore, you will of course get:
- A very good salary! Both fixed and a good bonus scheme,
- A good pension,
- 26 vacation days with the possibility to buy additional ones;
- A laptop and phone;
- Flexible working, where you are partly in the office to work with colleagues or can do focus work at home;
- An innovative work environment where your ideas are valued,
- A collegial atmosphere, we like to have fun!
- A training budget and personal growth plan so you can continue to develop.
Our power Breeding to feed the world! That’s our goal as an international vegetable breeding organization. Simply said, this means we develop new vegetable varieties. Our assortment consists of 1.200 different varieties. From bell peppers, tomatoes, cucumbers and lettuce to bitter gourd and bird’s eyes chillies. Enza Zaden produces the seeds of these vegetable varieties and sells them worldwide. To give you an idea: more than 460 million people eat vegetables from our seeds each day.
Even though we are an international company with more than 2500 employees worldwide, we still are an independent family business, which clearly shows in our business culture. You easily feel right at home and your ideas are always valued. Entrepreneurship, teamwork, and taking responsibility are central values to our mission, and our employees are the heart and soul of the organization.
You will be part of the Information & Digitalization team that is driving the Digital transformation in the company and supporting the business with Insights and innovations based on the newest technologies in Cloud, Big Data, Artificial Intelligence and Machine learning. Contact Please, send your application to our Recruitment department, via the Apply now! button.