Are you ready to revolutionize testing through automation? We’re seeking a Test Automation Engineer to enable Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) for our Agile teams in the Digital Orchestration unit within Odido’s Network Department.
This is what you will do
Within our Network Department, part of the Technology Cluster of Odido, we are looking for a Test Automation Engineer, a true expert enabling CI/CD for the Agile teams within our Digital Orchestration team!
We are not looking for somebody that likes testing, we are looking for an engineer that can help us get rid of testing by automation. If the next points apply to you, you might want to keep reading:
- I am looking for an organization that really understands, breathes and uses the Agile key believes.
- I measure my output not in working software, but in value for the business. Flawless systems goes without saying, duh.
- I am looking for a team with professionals of a level that allows me to connect and grow.
- My manager should not manage me, but guide me on goals and solve impediments for my team.
Got enthusiastic? Some important notes to start with:
- Candidates we look for are NL grounded. We expect you to be working/living in The Netherlands for some years, some mastering of the Dutch language is preferred, but actually we have excellent experience with some Afrikaans speaking candidates.
- Location: We work hybrid in Den Haag and/or Diemen and from home. You might find that a member of the team you join is working from another European country, so no 100% colocation.
The Test Automation Engineer (TAE) participates in the refinement process with all stakeholders to identify risks and define the test approach. During the Scrum sprints the TAE supports the teams by developing new or changed automated tests. In the test phase the TAE will partly aid in the manual testing and setting up of test scenarios. In the acceptance phase the TAE will support the stakeholders with their acceptance tests.
Further tasks and responsibilities you will have:
- Participate in the definition of test and quality metrics and the measurement and reporting of these.
- Deliver test criteria and test approach for all refined user stories.
- Explain the test approach to both stakeholders and developers.
- Participate in our test guild.
- Have a clear view of what to test and where to test.
- Lead the creation, maintenance, and scaling of an automation testing infrastructure/framework to meet the current and future demands
- Enforce test automation in the scrum sprints, define the minimal required test coverage and reports on coverage and performance.
- Translates (trends in) production issues into new test and quality metrics.
- Translate underperformance on test and quality metrics to improvement in the test approach.
- Analyze new test tools and methods and making a selection for Odido Thuis.
- Prevent incidents after production changes by early risk analysis and selection of test approach.
- Enforce the required amount of test automation, also when there is significant pressure on timely delivery of roadmap items.
You will be joining the Digital Orchestration department. We build the Operations Support Systems that fully automate the delivery of the technical services for our consumer and business customers, and support the network design, build and operations. So you will be submerged in the domain of flawless customer processes and the technical heart of the network operator.
The vacancy for test automation engineer is in the domain of the fixed consumer services, known in the market as ‘Odido Thuis’. These systems are developed internally by our enthusiastic and self-organized scrum/DevOps teams. They take responsibility for the analysis, the functional design and the realization of software solutions that support the customer processes and the activation of the services in the network and on the platforms. The teams work in a mature CI/CD flow with multiple releases a day, calling for solid test automation.
Presently we are scaling up our capacity by introducing a new 5th team.
Together we are
We are Odido, the new provider of mobile, fiber optic and TV. And with almost 2,000 colleagues, we show that telecom can be improved. Because technology is for everyone. Wherever you come from, wherever you go. With Odido everyone participates in the digital world. That is our ambition. Everyone at Odido helps to build a brand that is human, optimistic and progressive.
Is that really something for you? Then we might fit well together.
This is what we stand for
Our name – you can also read it from back to front – consists of different shapes. Which together are one. Because that’s how we look at the world around us. As a place where people, no matter how different, move forward together. We’re there for each other. We always look at opportunities. We celebrate diversity and are committed to an inclusive work environment with equal opportunities for all. That sounds good of course. But we don’t stop at fine words: at Odido we are a recognized Top Employer. A confirmation that we are proud of.
What we offer
- Good salary and variable bonus scheme;
- Hybrid working;
- A progressive pension scheme;
- 30 vacation days (if you work for us full-time) and an extra day off after Ascension Day;
- Redeemable holidays;
- An Odido subscription;
- Real growth opportunities;
- Personal annual learning budget and over 200 digital training and courses;
- Workshops, learning weeks, sporting outings, annual ski trip and fun parties.
You bring this
To be successful in this position, it is important that you are strong in analytical and conceptual thinking. You are able to continue and can say no, can influence other developers and decision-makers. To make us enthusiastic, you should bring as much as possible of the below:
- Educational level / working and thinking level: HBO/HBO+.
- About 5 years of relevant working experience.
- Experience with Playwright, Postman and Ready API for automated API testing
- Good experience with SpecFlow and Selenium.
- Experience of CI/CD infrastructure and working in a DevOps environment.
- Preferred experience with software development processes like TDD, BDD and Agile/Scrum and Workflow Management Tools such as TFS or JIRA.
- Solid understanding of C#, SQL and Git .
- Experience with any scripting language (e.g. Jquery).
- Some experience with technical and functional maintenance of IT-systems and network services.
- Basic knowledge of telecom systems and services.
- Experience with Agile / SCRUM;
- Experience using load/volume test generators is desirable.
Learn every day
At Odido we learn every day. All of us. You are responsible for your own development. That is why you decide how, what and when you learn. We have more than 200 digital training courses with which you can work on professional and personal goals. We don’t do old-fashioned performance reviews and assessments. You keep your manager and colleagues informed of your goals and progress. You are in control.