Embed yourself in Odido’s progressive culture. As a Principal Engineer in Data, your insights and expertise will shape the trajectory of the Dutch telecom sector.
This is what you will do
Odido is an established entity in the Dutch telecom industry, continually evolving and initiating forward-thinking measures.
We are not merely adapting but leading the way, creating avenues where technology meets ease of use, collaboration, and innovation. Our growth is rooted in collaboration and a commitment to harnessing advanced technology for the betterment of our brand, customers, and the broader community.
Join the Odido team on this transformative journey. Take on the essential role of Principal Engineer in our IT Department, guiding the Data domain into new areas where innovation is not just talked about but is standard practice.
When this sounds interesting to you, we do request you to thoroughly read the underneath statements what we need to see and like to see. A big plus is when you would underline the below points (Must have, Nice to have skills) in your motivation letter, also when you believe you have less seniority in one or two points required.
Your role is multifaceted and is hand-on, and as Principal Engineer Data:
- Half of your time, you deliver data projects/programs by owning the execution and implementation like data architecture, pipeline development, data integration, performance and cost optimization, CI/CD implementation etc.
- Your time will also be spent in engaging with variety of technical/non-technical stakeholders and colleagues on existing & up-coming initiatives, business demands on solutions with data technology ecosystem.
- You are an integral part of a dynamic team and provide guidance to data engineers and data consumers, propelling the engineering group with a proactive approach.
- You decide on best-potential solutions by understanding technical landscape, risks, assumption, dependencies, future challenges, cost implications and implement them using your technical skills.
- You understand and execute data lifecycle, specifically data integration, data engineering, data architecture, data security and align the other team like BI, ML, data science, platform team, source team for delivery.
- Your focus will be on transforming ideas/business requests into actionable solutions, underscoring tangible, positive advancements with measurable outcomes.
- You stay up to date with the latest data engineering trends and technologies to propose improvements and implement best practices and excellence ways-of-working.
- You are an AWS expert in data engineering segment and have previously played role of a data engineer or something similar.
- You are well-versed with core AWS services like AppFlow, DMS, Glue, Lambda, Lake Formation, Redshift, Step Function, CFT, CI-CD and other services for data integration, storage, security, and architecture.
- You can code using Python, PySpark and SQL.
- You understand the flow of data from inception to consumption, including data modelling.
- You can communicate and explain with variety of stakeholders that may be technical, business or executives with the language depending on the audience.
- You approach a requirement in a holistic manner to suggest a tactical or strategic solution as applicable.
Nice to have :
- Experience of working with data management team on data quality, data lineage, metadata management
- Experience of working with data science and data infrastructure team.
This role is not for you :
- If you have not executed code for delivery and don’t plan to execute in future.
- You are only aware of core AWS services conceptually (like what it does and not how it works).
Together we are
We are Odido, the new provider of mobile, fiber optic and TV. And with almost 2,000 colleagues, we show that telecom can be improved. Because technology is for everyone. Wherever you come from, wherever you go. With Odido everyone participates in the digital world. That is our ambition. Everyone at Odido helps to build a brand that is human, optimistic and progressive.
Is that really something for you? Then we might fit well together.
This is what we stand for
Our name – you can also read it from back to front – consists of different shapes. Which together are one. Because that’s how we look at the world around us. As a place where people, no matter how different, move forward together. We’re there for each other. We always look at opportunities. We celebrate diversity and are committed to an inclusive work environment with equal opportunities for all. That sounds good of course. But we don’t stop at fine words: at Odido we are a recognized Top Employer. A confirmation that we are proud of.
What we offer
- Good salary and variable bonus scheme;
- Hybrid working;
- A progressive pension scheme;
- 30 vacation days (if you work for us full-time) and an extra day off after Ascension Day;
- Redeemable holidays;
- An Odido subscription;
- Real growth opportunities;
- Personal annual learning budget and over 200 digital training and courses;
- Workshops, learning weeks, annual ski trip, fun outings and parties.
You bring this
Your extensive experience, complemented by your profound grasp of data engineering, data science, reporting, and statistical methodologies, is vital.
Guiding diverse teams towards comprehensive Business Intelligence solutions and seamlessly merging technical and business perspectives are part of your role.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in a relevant field related to this role.
- Minimum of 7 years in data engineering and analytics. At least 2 years in a leadership or team lead role.
- Proficient in SQL, Databricks, Hadoop.
- Skilled in Python, R, Spark.
- Experience with cloud data platforms: AWS, GCP, Microsoft Azure.
- Extensive knowledge of AWS services: AppFlow, DMS, Glue, Lambda, Lake Formation, Redshift, Step Function, CFT, CI-CD.
Data Engineering and Management:
- Expertise in data integration, storage, security, and architecture.
- Ability to code in Python, PySpark, and SQL.
- Understanding of data flow from inception to consumption, data modeling.
Leadership and Communication:
- Demonstrated history of leading teams or communities.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a range of stakeholders (technical, business, executives).
- Capable of holistic approaches to requirements, providing tactical or strategic solutions as applicable.
Additional Skills (Nice-to-Have)
- Experience with data quality, data lineage, metadata management.
- Work history with data science and data infrastructure teams.
Learn every day
At Odido we learn every day. All of us. You are responsible for your own development. That is why you decide how, what and when you learn. We have more than 200 digital training courses with which you can work on professional and personal goals. We don’t do old-fashioned performance reviews and assessments. You keep your manager and colleagues informed of your goals and progress. You are in control.