Are you a dynamic and seasoned developer with a passion for driving technological evolution? OdidoThuis invites you to join our vibrant team located in the picturesque locales of The Hague or Diemen.
This is what you will do
1. Dutch language “strongly preferred”
2. Location: Den Haag
3. Candidate is “currently living in The Netherlands” for at least 3 years (or longer)
4. Part of the applying process for this role is a technical test / assessment. The link to the test will be send to you via email. Please be aware that after completing it, the test has to be returned to us no later than 7 (calendar) days after it was sent to you. When we haven’t received the test back within the time limit, the application process will come to an end.
All our Odido Thuis systems are developed internally by our enthusiastic and self-organized scrum/DevOps teams. These are responsible for the analysis, the functional design and the realization of software solutions (applications / systems) that support the customer processes and the activation of the services in the network and on the platforms.
The developments in IT are moving fast and we believe that you need hands-on expertise in implementing the new technology in order to be able to value these. We are therefore looking for experienced candidates who can and want to combine the role of full stack .net developer with the role of business analyst, process specialist, architect and DevOps engineer.
As an analyst/specialist you participate in the refinement process to get user stories ready. You know how to use the INVEST paradigm and define an MVP. As a software engineer you can build user stories and deliver software that is fully tested and well maintainable. As an architect you have the expertise and capacities to take a lead role in the teams, coach other developers and help with complex problems and the continuous minimization of technical debt. Through our architecture consultation, you will participate in innovation and future-proof, flexible systems. The term separation of concern is your life moto, you know how to spread your functionality over clear, defined domains. As a DevOps engineer you participate in the continuous improvement of our CI/CD process (deploy and test automation), support the production deploy and develop and use tooling to monitor the application performance operationally.
The Network Design business unit designs, builds and maintains all network solutions. We provide communication products and services to companies and consumers. In addition, we do the transport of data traffic throughout the Netherlands, including that of our own mobile network. The Digital Orchestration department builds the Operations Support Systems that support the network business and automate the delivery of the complex customer services.
Together we are
We are Odido, the new provider of mobile, fiber optic and TV. And with almost 2,000 colleagues, we show that telecom can be improved. Because technology is for everyone. Wherever you come from, wherever you go. With Odido everyone participates in the digital world. That is our ambition. Everyone at Odido helps to build a brand that is human, optimistic and progressive.
Is that really something for you? Then we might fit well together.
This is what we stand for
Our name – you can also read it from back to front – consists of different shapes. Which together are one. Because that’s how we look at the world around us. As a place where people, no matter how different, move forward together. We’re there for each other. We always look at opportunities. We celebrate diversity and are committed to an inclusive work environment with equal opportunities for all. That sounds good of course. But we don’t stop at fine words: at Odido we are a recognized Top Employer. A confirmation that we are proud of.
What we offer
- Good salary and variable bonus scheme;
- Hybrid working;
- A progressive pension scheme;
- 30 vacation days (if you work for us full-time) and an extra day off after Ascension Day;
- Redeemable holidays;
- An Odido subscription;
- Real growth opportunities;
- Personal annual learning budget and over 200 digital training and courses;
- Workshops, learning weeks, sporting outings, annual ski trip and fun parties.
You bring this
We expect you to have solid experience with and healthy ambitions on:
- Analyzing strategic/tactical plans concerning customers and products, translating this into changes for the supporting IT systems and architecture;
- Follow market trends and proactively propose tooling, system and process improvements;
- Follow the technological developments and introduce them in time for application in our landscape (often starting with proof of concept implementation);
- Building software solutions, supporting other developers with complex challenges and problems;
- Ensure continuous improvement of quality during development and acting on improvement questions of operations;
To be successful in this position, it is important that you are strong in analytical and conceptual thinking. You are able to continue and can say no, can influence other developers and decision-makers. To qualify for the position you have the following requirements:
- Academic work and thinking level;
- You have delivered tangible results in a broad role as a software engineer;
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in designing and building software solutions;
- Preferably experience with Azure Cloud native software development.
- Key believe in the Agile principles and experience with SCRUM development processes;
- Experience with continuous integration & delivery, including test automation;
Other relevant experience we would appreciate, but are not mandatory to have;
- Experience with Azure cloud and the services it provides;
- Experience with Azure DevOps as a CI/CD pipeline (we migrate from TeamCity/Octopus Deploy to DevOps);
- Experience with tools for development and test automation (Specflow, READY-API, Fitnesse, Swagger, Postman, SoapUI, Selenium, Altova, Razor);
- Experience with Blazor for front-end development;
- XML Webservices development and XSLT, Powershell;
- Experience in telecommunications and with IP-based networks/services;
- Expert level knowledge of Windows server.
Learn every day
At Odido we learn every day. All of us. You are responsible for your own development. That is why you decide how, what and when you learn. We have more than 200 digital training courses with which you can work on professional and personal goals. We don’t do old-fashioned performance reviews and assessments. You keep your manager and colleagues informed of your goals and progress. You are in control.