We are looking for an experienced Senior Solution Architect, who is excited to be one of the first people in the EMEA region to build modern Hybrid Cloud solutions and shape the future of the product. In the Nutanix Solution Team, we will be working with the most challenging customers, creating Nutanix documentation artifacts (Reference Architectures, Best Practices Guides, Nutanix Validated Design), and working with PM\ENG on the product roadmap.
Nutanix Solutions team
Nutanix Solutions team oversees creating Nutanix Validated Designs, Reference Architectures, Technical Notes, and Best Practices Guides in multiple verticals like Hybrid Cloud, Networking, EUC, Database, SAP, Security, and networking.
The team attracted several senior technical experts including many with VCDX and NPX certifications from various areas.
- Take technical leadership in architecting, designing, documenting, and building Hybrid Cloud solutions based on the Nutanix Cloud Platform
- Create and maintain Nutanix Solutions teams artifacts.
- Focus on customer opportunities to expand our platform and products in the top 2% of our customer base.
- Provide broad Enterprise Architecture expertise to help customers understand how multiple Nutanix & 3’rd party products can be integrated to create desired outcomes with the goal of accelerating adoption and expansion in high-growth accounts.
- Work closely with Engineering & Product Management to represent the voice of our customers and curate requirements spanning large customers to find common themes and ensure that these are well understood by engineering and executed holistically.
What will you bring
- 10+ years’ experience in architecting and deploying large-scale solutions.
- Deep understanding of virtualization technologies and software-defined data center architectures.
- Experience in designing and managing Private, Public, and Hybrid Multi-cloud computing environments (AWS, Azure, GCP, VMware)
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to engage and win the confidence of C-Level executives.
- Ability to execute on broad strategic vision and when needed dive deep into detail to drive meaningful outcomes.
Great to have
- Experience in an architect or a tech lead role.
- Experience in building a scalable cloud solution on one of the leading public clouds: AWS, Azure, GCP, etc.
- Self-motivated and can work without a lot of structure to develop meaningful strategies and drive execution to achieve established goals.
- Good understating of the following disciplines:
- Backup and Disaster Recovery
- Software Defined Networking
- Physical, virtual, and cloud networking
- Architecture frameworks (TOGAF, VCDX, NPX)
Meet the hiring manager!
Nutanix Solutions Team is a global team led by our Senior Director of Solutions Engineering, Paul Harb, who joined Nutanix in 2015. Paul spent his earlier years at Nutanix building its global professional service organization and managing large global teams in both Asia Pacific and the Americas. Previously, he worked at VCE leading teams of experts delivering enterprise-grade cloud automation solutions, and he ran a $100m IT transformation program for ANZ Bank in Australia.
“I love working with technology to deliver strategic outcomes that solve hard business problems, and I am inspired by the tremendous opportunity that Nutanix has to revolutionize hybrid multi-cloud computing at a very large scale.”
My biggest professional win is “Building incredibly talented teams from scratch and driving execution of robust architectures that reduce customer risk and increase top-line has been the single biggest challenge in my career. I have had the opportunity to work with the most talented and passionate young engineers and have witnessed an evolution of both the product and my team around me.”
Biggest personal win: “Over the years while I have had to work hard and faced many career challenges, I managed to put my health and my family first and even relocated from San Jose to Australia without missing a day of work.”
Message for our candidates: “We are looking for people who are humble, driven, and who want to listen to our largest customers to help them drive growth and adoption of our platform at a very large scale. We need people with deep technical skills and the creativity to solve hard problems, making them look simple to our customers!”
What the Team Says
“What I love about working in this team is that I have a rare opportunity to contribute to a cutting-edge product that competes with most famous worldwide companies while being surrounded by great teammates.”
“I am surrounded by highly skilled and supportive team members that are willing to help and share their knowledge at any time.”
How we work
We work in a hybrid style, letting everyone in the team decide on their preferred work location. Some of our team members enjoy remote work, while others like the office environment. We are trying to minimize the number of meetings and nurture the culture of writing and sharing documents, which helped us achieve a more flexible schedule and transparent knowledge sharing. The team works closely with other Nutanix teams like Technical Marketing Engineers, and Cloud Transformation Architects with amazing diversity in cultural and technical backgrounds.
About our business
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and a pioneer in hyper-converged infrastructure solutions, making computing invisible anywhere. Companies around the world use Nutanix software to leverage a single platform to manage any app, at any location, at any scale for their private, hybrid, and multi-cloud environments.