Responsible for overseeing a team of engineers in the Global Technical Support organization, who are engaged in providing assistance to customers and partners in technical issue identification and resolution. Specializes in high-end, Enterprise level support of customers or channel partners with advanced support needs. Establishes staff schedules for queue coverage and individual or group training sessions. Conducts regular 1:1 and team meetings to evaluate individual and team performance, and facilitates development of proficiency in both technical skills and general customer service skills.
- Delivery of superior-level service to end-user customers, and functioning as point-of-contact for escalated issues to ensure appropriate response and focus of support teams.
- Regularly participating in strategic planning discussions to provide insightful ideas on process improvements and customer service delivery.
- Conducting regular team meetings and performance discussions with support engineers.
- Interacting with regional and corporate management on matters between functional areas or customers and the company.
- Tracking, monitoring and reporting on department operations, and closely manages critical customer accounts to develop path to issue resolution.
- Monitoring both the Virtual Call Center and Salesforce to ensure support engineers are following the call priority flow and maintaining an available phone status, documenting the issues well, and following cases through to efficient and effective resolution.
- Assigning and managing projects based on new product releases, call related issues and/or training needs within the organization. Tracks projects and initiates documentation based on project successes.
- Must possess a Bachelor of Science in Computer Information Systems or equivalent experience.
- At least 3 years of management experience in a technical support environment, with advanced customer interaction skills.
- Previous account management or account executive skills desired, with ability to organize and track multiple projects.
- Effective leadership experience required, with goal setting and action plans for career development on a team and individual basis.
- Must exhibit effective customer service attitude and be able to lead a team in resolving difficult customer situations.
- Must utilize exemplary verbal and written communication skills when dealing with customers and business partners.
- Must have at least two years of experience as a Technical Engineer
- Technically sound, able to lead and participate in technical discussions and work on basic technical cases when required
Qualifications and Experience
- Skilled in leading and motivating talented support engineers.
- Project management experience or background, with experience in managing multiple projects and priorities.
- Knowledge and proficiency in staff scheduling, workload analysis, performance management, and interviewing skills.
- Ability and comfort in dealing with difficult employee or customer issues, and in ensuring positive interactions even when message content is difficult or critical.
- Must be motivated by challenges and be able to offer multiple solutions for a problem.
- Proven track record of identifying and developing innovative enhancements to Support process and methodology.
- Able to develop individual and team objectives to contribute positively to organizational goals and direction.
- Proven ability to formulate and coordinate solutions to issues in cooperation with multiple functional areas.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment and use judgment in handling customer calls and providing technical assistance.
- Ability to effectively present complex technical material that is tailored to the target audience at large venues.
- Ability to effectively present tailored materials to executive level management
- Practices effective and appropriate communication skills, providing valuable feedback and constructive criticism when needed.
- Knowledge of call center processes and terminology.
- Exhibits empathy and consideration for all ideas and suggestions provided by peers and subordinates alike, and provides opportunities for open discussion and evaluation of those ideas.Additional European language skills are highly desired (preferable Spanish, French, Italian, German)
- Technical skills in Linux, Virtualisation, Networking and Storage are big plus