Mendix is on a mission to enable anyone in any organization – from the marketing coordinator to the software developer to the CEO – to create things that are transformational for their company. We are fundamentally reinventing the way applications are created and we’re reinventing the future of software development. Sounds ambitious, right? We agree.
Not to brag, but nearly 4,000 organizations worldwide, including KLM, Medtronic, Merck, and Philips, rely on Mendix to build web and mobile applications. Thousands of our customers use our platform to delight their clients and empower their employees. It’s no surprise that we’re a recognized Leader by Gartner and Forrester in a red-hot market expected to exceed $21 billion by 2022. Ok, maybe we did want to brag a little. But we’re proud of what we’ve accomplished…and…we’re humble enough to admit that we need you to make us even more effective.
In the role of Cloud Foundry Engineer / Cloud Platform Engineer you will be responsible for maintaining, managing, extending and improving our Mendix Cloud hosting environment.
Our latest edition of Mendix Cloud (v4), Mendix applications run on Cloud Foundry on Amazon Web Services. Running a stable Cloud Foundry environment is vital to our business. You will be working with the latest developments on Cloud technologies such as CloudFoundry and Kubernetes.
You’ll help drive digital innovation by:
- Continuously improving the reliability of our systems powering the Mendix Cloud
- Scaling Cloud Foundry beyond its limits, having 100,000 apps in a single foundation, hitting the performance boundaries of Cloud Foundry
- Optimize Cloud Foundry to use resources more efficiently
- Building the bridge between Cloud Foundry and Kubernetes
- By being part of 3rd line on-call 24/7 about one week a month
- Proactively improving the platform observability
Our technology stack is mostly based on open source technologies:
- Amazon Web Services
- PaaS:(Open Source) Cloud Foundry, Kubernetes, Docker, Open Service Broker API
- Monitoring: Prometheus, InfluxDB, Grafana
- ELK(Elasticsearch, Logsearch, Kibana)
- CI/CD: Concourse CI, Jenkins
- Automation: BOSH, Terraform, Helm
- Programming: python, golang, ruby
- Scripting: bash, python
- Version Control: Git
- Database: PostgreSQL
- Webserver: nginx
You’re the innovator we need if you:
- Have experience with either Python or Golang
- Have experience with hosting a distributed microservices architecture (e.g. technologies like Docker, Cloud Foundry, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Experience with IaaS Cloud Providers(e.g. AWS, GCP) and in depth Linux internals knowledge
- Experience with cloud automation and infrastructure provisioning(e.g. Terraform, Cloud Formation, python troposphere, etc)
- Experience with CI/CD concepts(e.g. Concource CI, Jenkins, etc.)
And as a person you are:
- approachable, open minded
- an effective communicator and you like to be part of a team
- with great attitude where you walk the extra mile if needed
- a critical thinker
- and we love it when you are creative and solution oriented
Get a taste of Mendix Blue culture and see the latest updates to our product by registering for our annual flagship event, Mendix World 2020 launching on September 1st. Attend live Q&A sessions with leaders from R&D, watch demos of the product in action, and meet the Makers who use Mendix everyday.
Registration link: www.mendix.com/mendix-world/?&utm_medium=sales&mxworld=mxrec&utm_campaign=GL-CE-2020-09-01-Mendix-World
Our Guiding Principles
While we live on different continents, speak different languages, and work on different things, we are bound by our “MendixBlue” guiding principles. Being “MendixBlue” means that you live the culture, and you consistently improve it as we grow. It’s kind of a big deal.
We put the customer first. Without our customers, we have no business. So, if you act in the best interest of our customers, always…you belong here.
We think big. We work to have a meaningful, lasting impact on the world. So, if you aim high and think long term…you belong here.
We innovate. We want to be what happens next. So, if you ask “what if?” and work to find a way or make one…you belong here.
We nurture talent. We look, not just at the sum of what an individual has done, but at the potential of who they can be. So, if you’re up for learning from your failures…you belong here.
We hear every voice. Inflated egos don’t last here, humility does. So, if you share credit and ensure that the best ideas win – regardless of who they come from…you belong here.
We own it. If something needs doing, we do it. So, if you focus on the outcome, and take initiative to get it done…you belong here.
We have fun. We use laughter as a common language. We can ask for help and we’re happy to give it. So, if you find joy and purpose in what you do…you belong here.
Make your career at Mendix.
There are precious few jobs that let you create the future. But you’ll find one at Mendix. We are at a pivotal time in our company’s existence: where rapid growth meets stable funding. This is the time for industrious people to raise their hands to solve the next generation of problems. Mendix is a place where ambitious people can thrive; where you can identify an issue, propose a solution, and build the structure to make it happen.
Important to know: Mendix is a Siemens business, which means we’re backed by the resources and stability of one of the world’s largest and most forward-looking enterprises. Think: job security.
Since our company was founded in 2005, our aim has been to create a great work environment for people at all stages in their careers. That’s why we are so pleased and honored that we were rated a top Cloud Computing Company to work for in 2019, based on feedback from our employees on Glassdoor. With offices in the Netherlands, the UK, Germany, and the US, (and more coming), we provide an international playground to truly impact the world through low-code.