We are currently looking for HPC Technology Consultant to join our organization. This is a High Performance Computing (HPC) specialized position that offers in-depth exposure to Linux, High Speed Networks and Parallel filesystems.
The role holder will be part of a team responsible for performing hardware and software delivery of new customer solutions, upgrades to existing deployments and in additional L3 escalation solution support for critical HPC issues.
As well as the technical aspects of the position, the individual will be expected to develop a trusted relationship, not only within the HPC Delivery team and wider HPE organization, but also with key customers throughout the EMEA region.
How you will make your mark:
• Responsible for implementing part or all of the technical solution to the client, in accordance with an agreed technical design and Statement of Work
• Works closely with peers under the direction of the Project/Technical and Delivery Managers and with customer nominated representatives.• Often leads small to medium technical projects. Future scope to lead high level implementations.
• Liaises with Solutions Architect as appropriate on the technical project details
• Provides L3 technical support for escalations related to HPC customers.
• Contributes to internal knowledge tools and ensures project learnings are documented and shared.
• Works closely with HPC Sales and Pre- Sales groups on future project activities in a technical advisory role.
• Willingness to learn new technologies and collaborate within the team on knowledge transfer initiatives.
• Establish and maintain a positive professional relationship with peers, internal technical teams and customers
• Educated to degree level, or equivalent, in a computer science or related discipline.
• An in-depth working knowledge of Linux, with 5+ years of Linux/UNIX deployment, configuration and troubleshooting experience and at least 3 years of HPC experience are required.
• The ability to perform hardware repairs on large scale compute and storage components are mandatory requirements, Industry standard server hardware deployment, configuration and troubleshooting
• Networking experience (Ethernet, TCP/IP, InfiniBand, Omnipath, etc) deployment, configuration and troubleshooting
• Storage hardware (RAID) deployment, configuration and troubleshooting
• Cluster file system knowledge would be advantageous (Lustre, GPFS)
• HPC Cluster Management knowledge would be advantageous
• HPC job scheduler knowledge would be advantageous (PBS, Slurm etc.)
• Scripting ability advantageous
• Previous experience in customer facing roles.
• Technical Account Management / Escalation Management Skills
• Willingness to travel at short notice across EMEA to complete delivery / escalation tasks.
What we can offer you:
Extensive benefits, a competitive salary and participation in the shared values and purpose that make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers! At HPE, our goal is to provide equal opportunities, flexible work-life balance, and constantly evolving career growth.
If you are looking for challenges in an exciting, supportive and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Continue the conversation by clicking apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers.
Join us and make your mark!
Find out more about us and follow us on:
HPE is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Veterans/Disabled/LGBT and Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to diversity and building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We do not discriminate and all decisions we make are made on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Our goal is to be one global diverse team that is representative of our customers, in an inclusive environment where we can continue to innovate and grow together.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to employer use of arrest and conviction records, including laws requiring employers to consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.